Toronto: November 15, 2022. Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc is excited to announce the recipients of our 2022 Community Impact Grant.
Community Impact Grants are provided to registered charitable organizations across Canada for specific projects that make a positive and sustained impact on the community, by benefiting youth, vulnerable and under-represented people or by supporting our communities’ unique cultural programs.
“We’re delighted to announce the recipients of our 2022 Community Impact Grant, which we award under the auspices of our charitable trust owner, Benefact Trust,” said David Huebel, President, Ecclesiastical Insurance. “These are challenging financial times, for both families and charitable organizations and we are pleased to continue providing support to communities across Canada.”
At Ecclesiastical, we are proud to protect those who enrich the lives of others, and we are delighted that the 2022 grant-supported programs will make a positive and sustainable impact on their communities. Projects include building a community kitchen; increasing the participation of groups that are underrepresented in the sciences; providing babies and children a safe place to sleep; running a support group for mothers living with post-partum depression; helping seniors and families living with food insecurity; developing an after-school program; and, creating a safe space for diverse youth, placing a greater focus on equity, diversity and inclusion.
The 2022 Community Impact Grant recipients are:
- Hardy Bay Senior Citizens Society, Port Hardy, British Columbia
- LUSH Valley Food Action Society, Courtenay, British Columbia
- Little Warriors, Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Heritage Community Association, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Oyate Tipi Cumini Yape Inc, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Elliot Lake Women’s Group, Elliot Lake, Ontario
- The Sharing Place Food Centre, Orillia, Ontario
- Homeless Connect Toronto, Ontario
- NeighbourLink North York, Ontario
- The Centre for Civic Religious Literacy / Le centre de littératie religieuse civique, Montreal, Quebec
- L’Envol des Femmes – Women on the Rise, Montreal, Quebec
- Fredericton Homeless Shelters, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Hope Blooms Youth Social Entrepreneurial Ventures, Halifax, Nova Scotia
For more information on all the charities receiving grants, visit ecclesiastical.ca.