Helping you identify and manage risk
A single candle was left burning in a church after a Christmas Day service. The candle toppled onto a flower display setting alight a plastic angel and nearby paneling. The church was closed for over 10 weeks while black resinous deposit was cleaned from every surface and the organ dismantled and overhauled.
Unfortunately, candle fires have become far more common. Damages from these fires — in terms of personal injury and property damage — can be devastating. While candles are a traditional and important part of worship services and holiday celebrations, they can present a significant risk.
It is important to remember that candles themselves do not cause fires…