Ecclesiastical is currently looking for a Regional Underwriting Manager to join our Pacific Region team. This role is ideal for someone who is an expert in property and casualty underwriting and looking to lead a group of young professionals and while working on unique and complex risks.
Regional Underwriting ManagerJob Opportunities
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor the performance and competency of the Regional Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants
- Provide key technical guidance and management to Regional Underwriters.
- Prioritize and manage work-flow and work-load distribution.
- Work with the Regional Vice President to engage and motivate the Regional team and drive a high performance culture across the Region.
- Develop and deliver flexible, specialized and bespoke underwriting solutions to key customer segments.
- Identify key accounts in key customer segments working collaboratively with the broker to provide underwriting, risk control and pricing solutions which assist in ensuring a successful outcome.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Underwriting team and the Operational Risk Committee on key opportunities
- Implement our underwriting strategy and philosophy including communication of and compliance with Corporate Underwriting guidelines together with the effective implementation, management and monitoring of the underwriting referral process within the Region.
- Manage, direct and monitor the effective underwriting and negotiating of key accounts and programs in the Region.
- Ensure customer service standards are met.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key customers and brokers in the Region.
- Promote Ecclesiastical Canada’s customer-focused specialist approach to customer groups and organizations within the community by leveraging the tri-lateral business model.
- Ensure the effective communication and understanding of Ecclesiastical Canada’s underwriting strategy both internally and externally
- Develop a detailed understanding of the marketplace (as it relates to our key customer segments) including all competitors in terms of their underwriting strategy, products, coverage, risk appetite and capacity / limits
- Monitor legal, market, business and cultural trends relative to key customer segments; and assist Corporate Underwriting with any product enhancement and product development as requested.
- Manage and monitor the quality and profitability of the Regional portfolio by utilizing all available MI.
- Report quarterly to the Regional Vice President and Corporate Underwriting on the performance of the Regional portfolio by key customer segment and coverage line.
- Manage key accounts including negotiation, underwriting, customer relationships, and risk control initiatives.
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree or College diploma.
- CIP (completed); FCIP (preferred).
- 10+ years insurance experience (commercial property/liability).
- 2+ years Underwriting Management experience (technical focus).
- Experience in and exposure to complex case underwriting, product development, wording development and rate building / pricing strategy.
- Exposure to Ecclesiastical Canada’s key customer segments would be an advantage.