The Claims Representative manages a portfolio of claims based on the company’s policies, procedures, and standards for quality of claims handling and customer services including: notification, case reserves, investigation, evaluation, negotiation, settlement subrogation, reinsurance recoveries and closure. The Claims Representative investigates and evaluates lower and moderate-complexity claims to determine coverage available to policyholders and claimants and advises the underwriters of any facts reflecting upon the insurability of risk. This position requires Claims Representatives to build and maintain both internal and external relationships with respect to the claims process.
Claims Representative Qualifications
- University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent insurance experience
- CIP designation or commitment to working toward CIP or FCIP designation
- Ability to conclude optimum claims settlements for the company and customer by managing a portfolio of specialized property and casualty claims within defined authority limits
- 5-10 years of applied experience in Property and Casualty insurance claims & claims management
- Broad knowledge of specialty insurance core markets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Advanced skills in word processing and windows based applications
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to provide quality customer service while following the business goals.
Ecclesiastical offers a challenging, rewarding environment and a competitive benefits and compensation package. Please apply in confidence by forwarding your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ecclesiastical Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Ecclesiastical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.